Our Global Engineering Client is looking to appoint a Sourcing Leader who will have overall responsibility for purchasing and the supply of goods and services.
The Sourcing Leader will lead and mentor a small team of Buyers and drive the strategic sourcing process to continuously improve all purchasing activities to reduce costs, improve stability, improve quality of key supplier partnerships and to drive value.
Other responsibilities of the role will involve:
- Ensure all purchase orders are placed with “approved suppliers” to achieve the best possible commercial terms, payment terms, delivery and quality
- Regular review and manage the performance of the key suppliers including cost reduction, supplier delivery, quality performance and contract compliance
- Negotiate and agree supplier framework and cost agreements
- Support Lean principles by optimising efficiencies through reduction of costs & improvement of quality and delivery
- Provide monthly reports on Sourcing performance
Knowledge and Skill required for the role
- Proven experience of working in a similar Purchasing or Sourcing role within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment
- Enjoys mentoring and developing team members
- Supplier Management experience
- Strong contract and price negotiation skills Procurement within an MRP environment
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Time management skills and being a completer/finisher High work ethic
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please send your CV today….