Escape Recruitment are delighted to be working with one of the UK's largest laundry and linen hire companies. We are seeking an experienced Supervisor to assist in a busy production environment. This is very much a hands-on role, in which you will provide vital support to the business, working closely with other departments to ensure we provide highly accurate, on-time service to our customers, reporting to the Production Manager throughout.
We are looking for an organised and committed individual. No laundry/ production experience required as an in-depth induction and training programme will be provided. It is essential that you have supervisory/management experience of leading teams of 10+ staff members.
Salary: £26000 per annum
Hours of Work:
- 5 days over 7
- Days and back shift hours 7am to 3pm/3pm to 11pm
- A degree of flexibility is required to ensure production outputs are met.
The successful candidate will:
- Maintain quality and standards of the organisation.
- Motivate and inspire team members.
- Monitor individual staff performance and provide coaching and training as well as to deal effectively with any performance or disciplinary matters in conjunction with the HR team
- Support new team members in working through induction programme, ensure that they have the necessary knowledge to effectively participate within the team
- Facilitate the day-to-day organisation within the production team
- Ensure safe systems of working for all staff under your responsibility including provision of all manual handling and other training activities;
- Organise and facilitate regular staff meetings.
- Collate organisational data in agreement with Managers (daily time sheets, sickness/accident logs, quality assurance, throughput data,).
- Attend regular meetings as directed by management
- Maintain all areas of Health & Safety relevant, working environment and staff teams
- Monitor & support relevant First Aid awareness and training within the staff team
- Leadership and communication skills
- Proven track record within a fast-paced, target driven, production environment
- Previous experience in supervising large number of people
- Flexible approach to working hours
In return, out client will offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a long-term, growing PLC, where there will be opportunities for career progression over the years ahead. Free Life Assurance, EAP, SAYE, referral scheme, Employee Engagement focus.
Our clients working environment aims to ensure everyone feels they are included and valued and that they belong, that all colleagues have equality of opportunity and reward. They support improved health and wellbeing in their teams and foster a positive culture with open and honest engagement and communication