Our Public Sector Client based in Glasgow City Centre is looking to appoint an experienced Operational Procurement Manager who will lead and mentor the newly created ICT Team.
The newly created ICT Category Team will support the future ICT Plan of the organisation. They will work with key stakeholders, including Senior Management, across the organisation to deliver ICT projects across the various spend levels.
The Operational Procurement Manager will work closely with their team and have responsibility for the delivery of an end-to-end strategic procurement process, ensuring the methodology and sourcing strategy undertakes all relevant policy and regulatory compliance and social-economic and environmental considerations.
This is genuinely an exciting time to join the organisation and have the backing of Senior Management to deliver the plan. There are also plans to grow the team to support the growth.
Experience and knowledge required for the role:
- Proven experience working in Public Sector Procurement, delivering strategic end-to-end procurement projects and using local/national framework agreements
- An in-depth knowledge of Procurement Regulations and procedures and knowing how to apply them in a procurement tender process.
- Experienced in the delivery of high-value and high-risk ICT procurements
- Knowledge of the market for IT services, technology, digital applications and end-to-end implementation of procurement strategies and related sourcing methodologies
- Experience in leading, mentoring and building successful teams
- Excellent communicator, skilled at managing relationships with a variety of stakeholders including Senior Management and balancing different priorities.
- Stands up for what is right in terms of leading and developing the Category Team, even when it is difficult to do so and acts as a role model for the involvement of Staff and Stakeholders
Our client offers benefits including public-sector pension and hybrid working….
If you are seeking a new challenge and want to be part of a new project then please send your CV today….