22-12-20202021 New Year: Let's get you started
2020 was a year like no other and as we’ve seen, there continues to be more changes and challenges ahead for us in 2021.
Whilst we can't predict what the next twelve months will look like for us all, we hope the information below will help you make a positive start to the new year.
23-05-2019Scottish Engineering Awards 2019 | A Winning Combination
What do two out of the last three winners of the Hammermen Awards at Scottish Engineering have in common? Read more to find out!
26-10-2018Promotion for Lauren Daly
Congratulations to Lauren Daly. Lauren, a specialist Supply Chain recruiter within Escape’s Engineering and Manufacturing division has been promoted to Senior Consultant.
26-10-2018Dan Stewart joins board at Escape Recruitment
We are delighted to announce the promotion of our colleague Dan Stewart to the Board of Directors at Escape Recruitment.
12-10-2018Recognising Excellence at Escape
Our annual company conference is always a great opportunity to take time and acknowledge those in our business who have truly lived our values, who have succeeded in their goals and who deserve special recognition and thanks. This year we are delighted to announce two winners of our Director’s Awards: Lauren Daly and Anne Marie Keisler.
|£25000 - £30000 per annum|
Buyer, Livingston. Escape Recruitment are delighted to be supporting a world leading manufacturing company in their search for a Buyer. Based at their site in Livingston and reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will be joining a team of 2 Buyers and will look after an established client base in the supply of electronic products. Responsibilities will include:
- Purchase materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Contact suppliers to progress orders, resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues and ensure dates are visible to other departments.
- Ensure all order acknowledgements are received within 48 hours and updated in our MRP system (Emax)
- Manage excess and obsolete stock and customer monthly reconciliation
- Drive cost reductions in partnership with the supply base
- Monitor Purchase Price Variance (PPV), and drive to achieve positive PPV.
- Manage supplier open order book to ensure suppliers are adhering to delivery commits.
Candidate experience / qualifications:
- Should have experience as a buyer in a manufacturing environment.
- CIPS Qualification or working towards desirable
- Must be a team player that can interact with all levels within the organisation. Can manage workloads adapting to continual change
- Strong problem analysis, judgement and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team and would suit someone who is keen to develop their career further within purchasing. Working hours are Monday to Thursday 7:45am to 4:15pm and 7:45am to 1:15pm on a Friday. An excellent re-numeration and benefits package is on offer along with 30 days holidays