16-11-2021Meet our Supply Chain Team
Meet our growing Supply Chain team...
22-12-20202021 New Year: Let's get you started
2020 was a year like no other and as we’ve seen, there continues to be more changes and challenges ahead for us in 2021.
Whilst we can't predict what the next twelve months will look like for us all, we hope the information below will help you make a positive start to the new year.
23-05-2019Scottish Engineering Awards 2019 | A Winning Combination
What do two out of the last three winners of the Hammermen Awards at Scottish Engineering have in common? Read more to find out!
26-10-2018Promotion for Lauren Daly
Congratulations to Lauren Daly. Lauren, a specialist Supply Chain recruiter within Escape’s Engineering and Manufacturing division has been promoted to Senior Consultant.
26-10-2018Dan Stewart joins board at Escape Recruitment
We are delighted to announce the promotion of our colleague Dan Stewart to the Board of Directors at Escape Recruitment.
Escape Recruitment are excited to be working with our exclusive entrepreneurial client who due to year on year growth have created a new role for a Demand/Production Planner within their busy Supply Chain Team.
Candle Shack's business is growing fast and they cover an increasing and complex portfolio of products and services. The Buyer will be required to work closely with Production, Marketing, R&D and Customer Service teams and have responsibility for Procurement and Supplier Management activities for all spend under management ensuring material availability and product margin targets are achieved.
The role is a truly cross-functional role and will require excellent relationship management and negotiation skills.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement procurement strategy for all categories, including indirect categories
- Develop strong and effective relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Implement a suitable supplier performance programme to embed a continuous improvement culture with key suppliers and make data driven decisions
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices, and terms of business with CS supply base and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practise tools and methods
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Act as first Escalation point to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers and make recommendations to Senior Management
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a culture of continuous improvement
- Explore alternate suppliers for products and services
Knowledge and Experience required for the role:
- A proven track record of operating as a Buyer within a manufacturing organisation
- Experience of Supplier Management
- Assertive, optimistic, and open to change
- Commercially and financially aware
- Confident decision maker
- Ability to understand and interrogate ERP system
- Continuous Improvement/Lean manufacturing experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Professional planning/Supply Chain qualification desirable
If you are looking to develop your Supply Chain career within a Values Driven, Passionate and Entrepreneurial Growing Organisation then please apply below or send your CV to email@example.com
Escape Recruitment are appointed recruiters for Candle Shack and direct applications will be forwarded to Escape for consideration.