18-04-2022Administrative Professionals Day 2022
This Thursday, 21st April is Administrative Professionals Day, take our quiz and if it's a member of your administrative team that would usually be on top of these sorts of things for you, don’t worry, we’re here to help you out with some downloadable eCards!
29-03-2022Minimum wage rates for 2022
Read the Low Pay Commission's recommendations on the National Living Wage and National Minimum Wage rates from April 2022.
21-12-2021Christmas time at Escape
It's been another unusual year... but not everything has changed this Christmas.
16-11-2021Meet our Supply Chain Team
Meet our growing Supply Chain team...
22-12-20202021 New Year: Let's get you started
2020 was a year like no other and as we’ve seen, there continues to be more changes and challenges ahead for us in 2021.
Whilst we can't predict what the next twelve months will look like for us all, we hope the information below will help you make a positive start to the new year.
Workshop & Plant Manager
I'm currently recruiting for a Workshop & Plant Manager, based in our clients Coatbridge site. Reporting to the Transport Manager, the main purpose of this role is to manage the operational activities of the transport and plant departments. They operate quarries, readymix concrete, concrete blocks and bricks, and waste management and are a big player in their respective industry
An experienced, time-served mechanic is required as this role requires a large amount of 'hands on' work, including maintenance, repair & inspections of vehicles and plant.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Direct and co-ordinate plant and transport maintenance operations to V.O.S.A standards and operator's license requirements.
- Working with the mechanic on site to ensure that all plant is maintained and is in safe, working condition while optimising utilisation of all plant.
- Liaise with management to ensure co-ordination of repairs through weekly plant meetings.
- Plan and develop systems to improve operations within the transport and plant department.
- Organise outside contractors to carry out warranty, servicing, and repairs on vehicles.
- Schedule staff workload for dayshift, backshift and weekend working.
- Liaise with management to ensure company vehicles are serviced and repaired.
- Any other duties as reasonably assigned.
- Demonstrable experience of a similar/equivalent role.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build effective working relations with others.
- Understanding of safe working practices and health & safety rules.
- General construction experience and knowledge.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively, working well under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Experience of working with heavy plant machinery.
- Good mechanical, electrical and hydraulic knowledge of all types of vehicles.
- Technical experience of heavy plant.