18-04-2022Administrative Professionals Day 2022
This Thursday, 21st April is Administrative Professionals Day, take our quiz and if it's a member of your administrative team that would usually be on top of these sorts of things for you, don’t worry, we’re here to help you out with some downloadable eCards!
29-03-2022Minimum wage rates for 2022
Read the Low Pay Commission's recommendations on the National Living Wage and National Minimum Wage rates from April 2022.
21-12-2021Christmas time at Escape
It's been another unusual year... but not everything has changed this Christmas.
16-11-2021Meet our Supply Chain Team
Meet our growing Supply Chain team...
22-12-20202021 New Year: Let's get you started
2020 was a year like no other and as we’ve seen, there continues to be more changes and challenges ahead for us in 2021.
Whilst we can't predict what the next twelve months will look like for us all, we hope the information below will help you make a positive start to the new year.
Entry Level Scientist: Biosafety
|Edinburgh, Mid & East Lothian|
|£28500 - £29500 per annum|
Based on the outskirts of Edinburgh, Escape Recruitment are working with a world leading scientific company to recruit an Entry Level Scientist within their Bio-safety Division. Our client is a dedicated partner within their research field where, through education and research they are raising awareness of livestock well being when it comes to infectious diseases. You will join an experienced team and assist in safety studies, evaluating medicinal products and be involved in the testing of biological test samples associated with products intended for human therapeutic use. You will primarily act in the role of Scientist within the sterility testing group and as such you should have practical experience of sterility testing as defined in the European and US Pharmacopoeias.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A biological degree and Biological expertise (microbiology, bacteriology, mycoplasmology etc)
- Contract Research/Project Management experience.
- Experience working in a Quality Environment and a solid understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Knowledge of the requirements for testing of various sample types such as cell banks, viral seed stocks, unprocessed bulk harvest materials and final drug products.
- Experience of working in a commercial Bio-safety testing laboratory and a practical working knowledge of pharmacopoeial sterility testing.
- An understanding of the activities required for validation.
- A highly competitive pension scheme
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- Flexi-time system
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers.
If you would like to find out more information on this role, please apply today.