Escape recruitment are working exclusively with their Manufacturing client based in Renfrew to recruit a Qualified Electrician on a permanent basis.
Main purpose of job
- Electrically connect all cabling and instrumentation on Mechanical product packages to GA, PID and Engineering Specification.
- Assist with HV cabling of contract and test equipment for packages
- Assist in readiness for string test of product packages
- All associated electrical work on Screw, Turbo and Rotary packages to Engineering Drawings and Specifications
- Adhere to relevant instructions contained within WSI's on the electrical hook up of blowers and Screw Compressors to ensure that each compressor is built to specific standards.
- Conform to all aspects of HCO Quality Management system including the fulfilment of all relevant procedures, including all WSIs to ensure conformance to international standards.
- Deliver Quality product in a timely manner whilst contributing to efficient and effective manufacturing principles to ensure compliance with cost forecasts
- Contribute & comply with accurate collation of Shop Floor documentation information. To ensure compliance to internal and external requirements.
- Provide training support for Apprentices and work colleagues to ensure appropriate skill transfer.
- Interact & respond to all aspects of HBE supporting cost reduction, efficiency, delivery and Quality improvements
- Ensure adherence to company environmental, health and safety standards in compliance with company policies to ensure a safe working environmental and the minimisation of environmental impact.
- Dispose of all waste in accordance with site waste segregation requirements
Skills, knowledge & behaviours
Essential skills, knowledge & behaviours
- Recognised electrical apprenticeship and 18th Edition qualifications.
- Electrical drawing and schematic interpretation ability
- Previous experience of precision manufacturing & assembly
- Good communication skills
Desirable skills, knowledge & behaviours
- Lean Manufacturing Skills
- Previous experience in rotating equipment
- General Environmental Health & Safety awareness
- Willingness to travel to site and occasional overseas travel may be required
Hours & Salary
- Mon - Thurs; 8am-4.15pm Fri; 8am-2pm
- Salary £33k
- Overtime is available from 4.15pm to 6.15pm weekdays and/or Sat morning all hours paid at time & half