Our Public Sector Client is looking to appoint an ambitious and keen Public Sector Procurement Professional looking for the next step in their procurement career who will head up the Procurement Team at QMU.
The Head of Procurement will have one direct report and they will build relationships and work with key stakeholders to deliver procurement projects across a range of categories e.g. Insurance, Audit, Finance Systems, IT etc.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop a network of stakeholders who have procurement requirements to support their business operation or department
- Manage Supplier Relationships and contracts
- Undertake appropriate spend analysis activity and manage the tender process of supplies/services and deliver the tender process for above-regulated spend areas
- Mentor and develop colleagues in managing the process for lower level spend.
- Develop procurement processes based on the "Procurement Journey" and deliver focussed procurement awareness training to stakeholders
- Undertake and deliver reporting key stakeholders
Knowledge and experience required for the role:
- You will have proven experience working in Public Sector Procurement
- Have significant knowledge of Scottish/UK procurement legislation
- Be experienced in tendering within a regulated environment Public Contracts (Scotland) and PRA(Scotland) Act.
- Have a considerable understanding of the key ethical/social & environmental impacts of procurement
- Experience with project management processes and meeting demanding targets and deadlines
- Understand the importance of delivering a First-Class procurement service to Stakeholders
- Enjoy building working relationships with Stakeholders/Customers
What our client offers their employees….
This is a full-time role over a 9-day fortnight working pattern.
Hybrid working - 5 days in the office per fortnight
They offer their employees the opportunity to progress their careers with internal progression and support with MCIP's and Leadership studies. Work/Life balance is also key and they have a very generous holiday allowance (on top of a 9-day working fortnight).
To discuss in more detail please send your CV today….