Our Public Sector Client is looking to appoint an ambitious and keen Public Sector Procurement Professional looking for the next step in their procurement career.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for spend areas and typical projects might include associate trainers, catering, legal, estates, energy conservation etc. They will have management responsibility for one member of the team and mentor and support their development. They will build and maintain relationships with Stakeholders and work closely with them to understand their procurement requirements for projects. They will be ensure that systems management reporting are maintained.
Knowledge and experience required for the role:
- You will have proven experience working in Public Sector Procurement
- Have significant knowledge of Scottish/UK procurement legislation
- Be experienced in tendering within a regulated environment Public Contracts (Scotland) and PRA(Scotland) Act.
- Have a considerable understanding of the key ethical/social & environmental impacts of procurement
- Experience with project management processes and meeting demanding targets and deadlines
- Understand the importance of delivering a First-Class procurement service to Stakeholders
- Enjoy building working relationships with Stakeholders/Customers
What our client offers their employees….
This is a full-time role over a 9-day fortnight working pattern.
Hybrid working - 5 days in the office per fortnight
They offer their employees the opportunity to progress their careers with internal progression and support with MCIP's and Leadership studies. Work/Life balance is also key and they have a very generous holiday allowance (on top of a 9-day working fortnight).
To discuss in more detail please send your CV today….