Escape are working in partnership with a Global organisation whose purpose is to collate and analyse information & analytics to help make our world a safer, cleaner, more prosperous and more equitable place.
To support their growth plans for manufacturing, they are looking to grow their Supplier Relationship Team and appoint a Category Management who will have responsibility for the electronics product category. The Category Manager will be responsible for the strategic development, execution, and overall performance of the electronics category to drive value through our outsourced relationships and improve growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities of the role will also include:
- Identify, negotiate with, and manage relationships with OEMs, CEMs, EMS and distributors
- Ensure commercial arrangements are in place with strategic and preferred suppliers
- Consistently analysing and improving financial performance electronics category spend
- Work closely with colleagues in cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Finance, and Programme Management
- Manage all risk within the Electronics Category and identify appropriate actions to manage these risks
- Data analysis of category performance and provide reporting
- Be a team player and key contributor in achieving wider team targets
Experience and knowledge for the role:
- You will have previous experience working in a Commodity/Category Management role
- Your category management experience will be in electronics and you will have an understanding of EMS/CEM Suppliers in the field of PCB & PCBA
- You will be knowledgeable of electronics products, market dynamics, and industry trends
- You will build strong working relationships with your colleagues to align category objectives with business requirements
- You will have strong supplier relationships and negotiation skills
- You will be entrepreneurial and challenge the status quo
- You will be comfortable working a fast-paced, demanding, change environment
Our client offers a suite of unique benefits and the opportunity to build a career with the organisation.