Escape Recruitment is working with a Global Engineering Company who are looking to appoint a Category Lead to join their Global Procurement Team.
The Category Lead will be responsible for product sourcing, supplier selection, pricing and terms negotiation and supplier performance management.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Procurement of all OpEx spend to support the business requirements
- Monitor and review contract agreements, pricing and performance and engage with existing suppliers to identify areas to improve performance
- Introducing new suppliers, selection of suppliers, evaluating suppliers and monitoring suppliers performance
- Work closely with Suppliers to ensure continuity of supply and service levels
- Establishing lead times, following up on outstanding orders with all suppliers, and identifying consistent late suppliers
- Liaison with Key stakeholders both internally and externally Interact with finance resolving discrepancies in prices Provide regular purchase reports to management
Knowledge and experience required for the role:
- An experienced Senior Buyer or Purchasing professional who is looking for the next step in their procurement career
- Experience of working in Manufacturing/Engineering organisation
- Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings would be highly advantageous
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage and build relationships with Stakeholders in Global locations
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Excited about an opportunity to learn and develop
Our client offers a competitive salary + excellent bonus and hybrid working…..