Resulting because of a number of substantial project wins, our client is now looking to grow their procurement team and appoint an experienced Construction Buyer.
The Buyer will be responsible for purchasing all materials, plant and equipment for all projects and mainitaing the plans of the project schedules.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Sourcing and ordering of materials at best possible price.
- Review projects plans and specifications, to ensure the correct equipment, material and subcontractor services are ordered and purchased.
- Setting up contracts
- Expediting orders and reporting any late or incomplete deliveries
- Building relationships with Suppliers
- Identifying potential suppliers and sourcing of new products.
- Working closely with internal colleagues including sites, estimating and commercial
Experience and knowledge required for the role:
- Proven experience working in a similar Buyer/Purchasing role within a construction company
- Strong negotiation and commercial skills
- Team Player who supports their colleagues to deliver
- Can prioritise workloads, work to deadlines and look for solutions to problems
- Strong communicator who can build strong working relationships with suppliers and colleagues
- Motivated and able to work under own initiative
This is an on-site role….
To discuss this opportunity in more detail then please send your CV today…