Due to planned business growth, our client is looking to appoint two experienced Stores Persons. The Stores Person will be responsible for carrying out both manual and administrative duties to support the daily operation of the stores.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Unloading of trucks and storing of goods in the correct locations
- Picking & packing of goods for distribution and completing distribution orders on the ERP system
- Record stock received and book out issued stock onto the ERP system to ensure accurate stock levels.
- Checking that incoming goods correspond with the delivery paperwork and produce a GRN
- Liaise with Suppliers to rectify any issues relating to short deliveries, damaged stock etc
- Contact suppliers for quotes via e-mail and raise requisition orders to be authorised
- Participate in monthly and year-end stock checks
- Involvement in month/year-end activities.
- Ensure that stores are kept tidy and compliant, adhering to the Stores 6S principles
- Maintain a responsible approach to H&S both personally and for colleagues.
Knowledge and experience required for the role:
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced stores environment within a manufacturing organisation
- Knowledge of using MRP/ERP Systems
- Counterbalance or Reach Forklift Licence
- IT Literate and ability to use Email, Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills who can deal effectively with Suppliers, Colleagues and Customers
- Previous experience of 5S/6S working environment
- A quality-led approach to work - you take personal pride in your work and ethics
- Able to cope with fast-paced, demanding and changing production schedules
This is a day-shift position with the option to work overtime (additional hours, weekends or shifts).
If you are looking for a new challenge and this sounds like the right role for you, please send your CV today…