Our client is a small but fast-moving, successful Scottish company. Their offices are set in a stunning and tranquil semi-rural setting and are within an easy reach of the City of Edinburgh and commutable from the various towns and villages in East Lothian and the Scottish Borders.
To support future growth plans, they are looking to appoint two Senior Buyers. The Senior Buyers will report to the Procurement Manager and work as part of a small team who are responsible for purchasing machinery, major equipment packages and other capital equipment to support projects in the United States and Brazil.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for a wide range of purchasing activities which will include sourcing, specification writing, tender preparation and evaluation, procurement, contract drafting, and expediting. They will conduct commercial and technical negotiations, manage vendor performance, conduct vendor assessments and build long-term relationships with key suppliers. They will also work closely with their logistics and engineering colleagues.
Experience and knowledge required for the role:
- Proven experience working in purchasing/procurement within shipbuilding, marine, offshore energy or heavy engineering
- Experience in managing the procurement of a diverse range of materials, capex and services
- Fully conversant in end-to-end procurement tenders and processes
- Experienced in building and managing Supplier Relationships
- Experience of working within cross-functional / remotely located business units
- An innovative and creative thinker who wants to make a difference and is prepared to challenge the 'status quo'
- Commercially and financially astute with strong analytical and numerical skills
To discuss these opportunities in more detail please send your CV today…..