Our client is a leading independent wholesale distributor and they are looking to appoint a driven and ambitious individual who has a passion for purchasing, negotiating the best price and closing the deal.
This opportunity would suit someone with a retail or wholesale buying background. You will have experience in dealing with varied suppliers and the drive to develop and build strong relationships with your Suppliers.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Responsible for all daily purchasing activities, including placing purchase orders, updating schedules and maintaining the supplier & inventory management systems
- Generate reports and conduct data analysis to drive informed purchasing decisions
- Use all available resources to deliver a comprehensive and competitive promotional calendar to drive sales and margins
- Analyse margins to ensure profitability
- Work closely with the Sales Team to build an understanding of customers and their requirements
- Be aware of the competition and monitor market trends and pricing
Knowledge and experience required for the role:
- Experience working in a similar Buyer/Commercial role within retail or wholesale buying ideally with experience in FMCG grocery categories (but not essential)
- Excellent sourcing and negotiation skills and have a proven track record of success in driving the best deal
- Skilled at building and maintaining trusted relationships
- Commercially driven and can make informed decisions to benefit the business
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail then please send your CV today.