Our client is a global business that specialises in the manufacture of high-technology products and has a full order book with exciting plans for growth in the coming years and they are looking to appoint an experienced Production Planner.
The Production Planner will be responsible for preparing the short to long-term plans to ensure customer demand, service levels, manufacturing efficiencies and inventory objectives are met. They will create and maintain business production plans based upon customer sales demand and product development requirements using the company's ERP system.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Create, schedule and update works orders accordingly to support production plan.
- Ensure materials are available to support production plans and highlight any issues which may impact on the timely completion of the plan.
- Review and agree/accept new sales orders/project requirements based upon material, plant and resource availability.
- Liaise and communicate with Supplier Management, Customer services, Stores/Logistics, Manufacturing and all other relevant stakeholders to ensure all business requirements are captured in the production plan.
- Monitor and highlight variation to the manufacturing plans and initiate and progress corrective actions.
- Manage finished goods inventory in line with stocking policies, identifying any sales that are at risk of being delivered late.
- Highlight any risk to the production plan/customer orders/project requirements associated with material, resource or plant shortfall.
- Input and maintain planning information within the company's ERP System,
- Highlight demand and capacity imbalances which are not resolvable within the standard capacity offered and ensure that the Planning Manager and Production Manager are aware.
Responsibilities and knowledge required:
- Proven experience of working in a Material or Production Planning role
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Experience using MRP systems and advanced Excel skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to identify potential problems and co-ordinate their resolution before they become an issue.
- Continually seeks to identify new ideas and implement new opportunities to support the improvement of the planning function
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships and use these to improve performance.
*** 4 Day Week**** Monday - Thursday role (36 hours condensed over 4 days) with the option to work hybrid…..