Escape Recruitment has the pleasure of working exclusively with our client who is looking to appoint an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join their Senior Management Team.
Our client was established over 70 years ago and is one of the leading suppliers of high-performance feed to the aquaculture industry worldwide, supplying fish feed to over 80 countries. Their global turnover is over £1.2 Billion and globally they employ over 1000.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the performance and future development of the supply chain fulfilment in both the export and domestic markets. They will lead and mentor a team of Planners and Customer Service/Logistics Coordinators to ensure the timely delivery of products to customers in the UK, Europe and globally.
The Supply Chain Manager will use their knowledge of logistics to strategically identify shipping routes and liaise with specialist shippers to ensure the best commercial terms are obtained. They will build strong working with Suppliers to drive performance.
Other responsibilities of the role will include:
- Collaborating with customers to develop and manage effective demand planning, lead times and stock control strategies
- End-to-end Sales and Operational Planning (S&OP) process, including stock level forecast, production and Raw Material Planning
- Develop and mentor a team to provide excellent service in a consistent and professional manner
- Design and develop all processes and procedures to improve efficiency
- Develop and drive a continuous improvement culture
Experience and knowledge required for the role:
- Proven experience of working in a similar Supply Chain role within a FMCG environment
- Demonstrated success in leading and mentoring multi-disciplined supply chain teams
- A strong background and experience of logistics both domestic and export
- Experience of designing, implementing and driving a supply chain strategy
- Commercially astute In-depth understanding of the end-to-end Supply chain
- Experience of process improvement and developing a culture of continuous improvement
- Driven, passionate and extremely customer focused
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please send your CV today….