Escape Recruitment is working with a Global Engineering Manufacturer looking to appoint a Sub-Category Lead to join their Global Category Team….
The Sub-Category Lead will be responsible for leading sourcing projects and identifying and assessing potential new suppliers, negotiating contractual terms and updating supplier agreements. They will work with Global Colleagues across all functions including engineering, quality, operations and projects to identify future requirements.
Other responsibilities of the role include:
- Develops, implements and maintains a comprehensive Sub-Category strategy
- Sources and develops the best all-around category suppliers to meet current and future requirements
- Develop Sub-Category cost improvement strategies and targets and be responsible for monthly performance reporting
- Acts as Champion of the Sourcing Strategy and communicates the Sourcing Strategy to key stakeholders (design reviews, tenders, engineering)
- Qualification of new suppliers and re-qualification of existing suppliers
Experience and knowledge required for the role:
- Successful, motivated, solutions-driven Procurement Professional
- Experience of working in Engineering, Manufacturing or Oil & Gas
- Exceptional strategic, commercial and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills who can build strong working relationships with suppliers and colleagues in Global Locations
- Demonstrate experience with supply chain management, supplier management and quality systems and implementation of sourcing strategies.
- Ability to develop, improve and implement processes and procedures that impact the function.
- Develop strategic implementation plans for new concepts and ideas
- Flexible approach to working as the role will involve working in different time-zones
- Global Travel will form part of the role
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, please send your CV today….