Full time, permanent
Based on-site, East Lothian
My client, a well-known engineering business, is looking to recruit a QA Technician to join their experienced and friendly team.
The purpose of this role is to perform quality duties to ensure integrity of products in accordance with all required quality specifications, standards, goals and objectives. Perform receiving inspection and related activities.
Duties will include:
- Goods Inspection and logging of customer specific critical parts
- Dealing with suppliers
- Raise/address non-conformances
- Final quality release of product
- Checking Documents are at correct revision level and completed correctly
- Perform equipment calibration activities as required
The successful candidate can come from a variety of different backgrounds, namely:
- A graduate in science or engineering who can demonstrate an interest in and understanding of Quality
- An enthusiastic self-starter from within manufacturing/engineering looking to move into a quality based role - you may be working on a production line with some responsibility for quality at the moment.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Outlook
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines
- Team player and be able to handle work of a confidential nature