This is a great opportunity to work with Diageo on a 12-month contract via Escape Recruitment. The role is positioned in the Diageo Global Engineering - Packaging Transformation Team, providing specialist Engineering Functional Support, leadership, and guidance to our Global Packaging Operations, Brand Change Technical Centres, and Procurement Functions.
The core purpose of this team is to ensure our packaging asset base is aligned to business requirements. This involves setting and maintaining technical standards for new equipment procurement, scoping and developing strategic projects, development and introduction of brand change and new product innovations, and providing specialist support to our operations teams for performance improvement and issue resolution.
In this role, you will work alongside the Operations, Brand Change, and Procurement teams to support delivery of business goals. Working with other members of the Diageo Global Engineering team, this role must ensure delivery of the overall business and strategic priorities.
The role holder will be supporting packaging sites across Diageo globally, and this will require a degree of mobility. The frequency and duration of time spent "out of office" will be determined by business priorities.
- Specialist Packaging knowledge and technical expertise to scope, develop, evaluate, and cost, major Packaging and Automation (mechanisation) projects across our Spirits and Beer Packaging footprint.
- Identification and development of opportunities and innovations that will drive efficiency benefit across our Global packaging and associated logistics supply base, including Third Party Operations.
- Provide functional and leadership capabilities within the Global Engineering team.
- Support Global Technical in design and execution of >800 brand change and innovation projects per year.
- Build and manage effective relationships with Key Stakeholders, and Packaging Equipment Suppliers
- Engineering degree
- Strong Health & Safety experience and/or relevant qualification i.e., NEBOSH.
- Relevant experience and professional development in a Packaging environment is required with excellent knowledge of Packaging materials, Packaging equipment and line design.
- Good networking to establish excellent relationships, effective influencer, with excellent communication skills.
- APM (Professional) Project Management Qualification or equivalent, is required either at entry or to be acquired within a limited timeframe.
- IOM3, IBD (Packaging module), or equivalent qualification in Packaging materials and processes is required either at entry or to be acquired within a limited timeframe.
- A full current Driving License and Passport.
We're looking for an individual with a drive to be the best: a brilliant partner that can influence and lead innovation and transformation across our Brands and Global Packaging footprint. If You feel this is you then please get in touch with Stuart Barton at Escape Recruitment