Our client who are experts in Injection Moulding and Injection Moulding Tooling are looking for a Process Engineer to join their state-of-the-art facility in South Lanarkshire.
The Process Engineer is responsible for supporting the Tooling Engineer from the early design phase of the NPI cycle through to providing Production with optimised injection moulded processes within the Mould Shop. This also includes demoulding solution via robot end of arm tooling and programming.
They also provide the Tool Room and Maintenance departments with support and advice on areas for improvement to help fully optimise the moulding process.
The measures of success in this role are the delivery of Key Performance Indicators and departmental objectives and delivering NPI tool trials on time and within budget, with high standard of documentation to back up the trialling process.
- To ensure all new injection moulding processes are optimised and well documented
- To ensure all tool trials are planned and carried out in a documented and timely manner
- To engage with production and engineering through tool trial planning meetings
- To ensure relevant documents relating to new tools are in place and procedures adhered to
- To ensure associated equipment and new processes are in place for all tool trials
- To ensure all post mould automation is programmed and fully functioning with end of arm tooling
- To assist production where possible in offering production flexibility with current mould tooling
- Be prepared to travel overseas on occasions to oversee trials
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- A supportive and conscientious team player
- Tool trialling experience including DOE, material knowledge or a material science qualification would be advantageous
- Experience or knowledge of scientific moulding/decoupled moulding would be advantageous
- Able to coach/mentor less experienced colleagues
If you feel like this is the right role for you, then please get in touch with Stuart Barton at Escape Recruitment