My client is a Manufacturing organisation based in the Midlothian area, they have an excellent opportunity for a HR Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
This is a standalone position reporting directly to the Site Managing Director and part of the Senior Management team, you will be responsible for leading HR day-to-day operational activities, support the development of HR strategy whilst focusing on process and system improvement and implementation within the HR department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop HR strategy in line with Group and Site Strategy.
- Manage Recruitment plans and strategy, including on-boarding and induction.
- Build strong internal awareness of HR, encouraging employees to engage with HR and provide support and positive working relationships.
- Devise Learning & Development plan this will include succession planning, identifying training needs and coordinate.
- Company rewards which includes annual salary reviews, pension, holiday entitlement etc
- Employee relations including disciplinaries, grievances, attendance and performance management.
- Implement Group policies and procedures, ensure these are communicated and adhere to across the site.
- Provide data and reports as required by site and Group.
- Oversea payroll data and submission for processing.
- Maintain HR database, employee records and files.
- Review current HR systems, processes and procedures and identify opportunities to streamline and implement improvements
To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following background and skills:
- Experience of working within a HR generalist role at Senior HR Advisor, HR BP &/or HR Manager level within a manufacturing environment.
- CIPD qualified ideally to Level 5 or above preferred.
- Comfortable working in a hands-on HR role, covering all areas including HR administration up to developing HR strategy.
- Able to demonstrate specific experience in employee relations and engagement with up to date UK employment law and legislation knowledge.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Confident IT skills including MS Office, HR database, T&A & ERP systems.