Escape Supply Chain is working with a Manufacturer of Industrial Machinery who is looking to appoint an experienced Buyer.
The Buyer will be solely responsible for purchasing both direct and indirect spend across the organisation. They will purchase all materials for bespoke designed client requirements including fabricated parts, electrical and mechanical components and machines from both UK and Global Supply Base. They will manage and visit Suppliers to build strong partnerships and source and vet new suppliers.
The Buyer will expedite orders to support the demands of the production schedule. They will ensure that the MRP system is updated and colleagues are kept updated with any issues relating to material availability. They will liaise with the wider Supply Chain in Global locations and provide support to them if and when needed.
Experience and knowledge for the role:
- Experienced Buyer who has worked within a manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of procurement practices within the supply chain
- Experience of working with a UK and Global supply base
- Strong negotiation and commercial skills
- Experience of using an ERP/MRP system - SAP would be highly advantageous
- Must be able to prioritise and manage own workload
- Strong communication skills who can build working relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Deadline driven
This is a hybrid role….