Escape have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join a recognised manufacturing client based in Glasgow for a Fixed Term Contract (maternity cover).
Full time, Mon-Fri 37.5 hours per week - hybrid working available
Our client prides itself as an eco-conscious producer, continuously looking at more sustainable ways of working, as well as supporting local communities and vulnerable people.
The role is pivotal to operations, involving the procurement of raw materials and ensuring targets related to inventory, cost savings, quality, and service are met.
- Daily procurement tasks
- Supplier management for on-time delivery and quality, building strong supplier and internal relationships
- Negotiating favourable terms, and identifying cost-saving opportunities
- Maintaining accurate purchasing data in the ERP system and collaborating with the Planning team to meet raw material requirements are essential tasks
- Supporting Business Development by sourcing new product innovations and offering technical guidance for new developments is expected
- Previous procurement experience essential
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, confident, creative, and solution-focused
If you would like to know more about this company and the role, please apply now!