Our Global Manufacturing Client is a producer of innovative products and solutions to a Global Customer base. To support business growth plans are looking to appoint a Material Planner to join their Fast-Paced Materials Team.
This is an interesting opportunity and the Material Planner will work closely with the Material Manager on projects around the development of processes surrounding the supply of Raw Material. These continuous improvement projects will be focussed on optimising productivity, quality, improving supplier OTD, data flow and removing waste/cost from processes.
The Material Planner will also be responsible for the day-to-day order management from an assigned group of suppliers - placing and expediting PO's, managing and reporting gaps in supply, driving optimal inventory levels and maintaining systems.
This is a demanding and ever-challenging role and the successful candidate will be motivated to succeed, flexible in their approach, able to work under pressure and consistently deliver the required performance.
- You will have proven experience in a purchasing/buying role within a manufacturing organisation
- Be passionate about continuous improvement and looking at ways to improve the performance of the team and suppliers
- Experience in using ERP Systems and Excel
- Experience working on CI projects and process improvement
- Self-motivated and can prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Build working relationships with colleagues and work in cross-functional and cross-site project teams
This is a Hybrid role with on-site parking, canteen….