Escape are working in partnership with a Global organisation whose purpose is to collate and analyse information & analytics to help make our world a safer, cleaner, more prosperous and more equitable place.
To support the manufacturing facility, they are looking to appoint an experienced Buyer to join their Purchasing Team. The Project Buyer will be responsible for delivering the purchasing of materials to meet the milestones of project plans to support the production build.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Placing orders for materials and ensuring on-time delivery and managing the Open Order Book
- Selecting vendors based on capacity, capability, market awareness, quality, cost and lead time
- Building relationships and holding regular Open Order Book review meetings and also discussing forecasting and scheduling of future capacity and ability to meet lead time and negotiate reductions
- Meet face-to-face with Suppliers to manage performance
- Identify, escalate and mitigate potential risk to the business
- Work closely and support colleagues in other departments
Knowledge and experience required for the role:
- Experienced in all Purchasing related activities and processes
- Previous experience working in a project-based manufacturing environment
- Experienced in purchasing mechanical and electrical components (electrical would be highly advantageous)
- Experience working on multiple projects and meeting priority timelines
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and Suppliers and hold regular review meetings
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding, change environment
- Experience in using MRP systems and Excel
- Team player who works closely with team colleagues to deliver success
Our client offers a suite of unique benefits and the opportunity to build a career with the organisation.