Escape Recruitment are looking for a Warehouse & Packing Operative, with FLT Counterbalance licence to join our client, an ambitious and rapidly growing food production company based in Leith.
Job Title: Warehouse & Packing Operative
Job Type: Temp to Perm Opportunity
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday only
Shifts are: Day 06:00-14:00, Back 14:00-22:00 and Night 22:00-06:00 (1 in 5) on a weekly rotating basis
Salary: £29,000 plus excellent company benefits/pension when transferred to permanent employment.
- Rotation of duties for variety within the role and strong team working
- Seek to outperform the set targets and strive for continuous improvement
- Safe operation of the automated packing machines
- Work safely by adhering to all H&S legislations and ensuring complete food safety
- Ensure correct document control and record keeping
- Report all plant faults to ensure efficient maintenance of all plant within the packing and warehouse environment
- Undertake any necessary training in order to fulfil job requirements
- All staff are expected to exhibit a flexible approach to working and the performance of supervisory tasks may be required for the wellbeing and advancement of the business
- To be capable of lifting 12-25kg on a regular basis
- To be able to sustain periods of up to 4 hours standing
- Committed team player
- Good communication skills
- Drive to learn and a motivation to succeed
- Previous experience in running high speed food packaging lines will be advantageous
- Food industry and/or warehousing experience
- Valid Forklift Truck Licence (Counter Balance) and work experience
- Good numeracy and literacy skills are required
Contact for more information and send your CV to be considered for the role!