Our client is a global business that specialises in the manufacture of high-technology products and has a full order book with exciting plans for growth in the coming years and they are looking to appoint an experienced Supply Chain Manager.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for leading the Supply Chain Team - Purchasing, Planning and Logistics. They will work closely with the Managers of the three functions, develop a Supply Chain Strategy to support the company's objectives and develop tools and process improvements to improve performance and efficiencies.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Support all Strategic Sourcing activities including writing contracts, handling negotiations, building/managing supplier relationships and contract management
- Oversees production planning and scheduling programs to meet sales forecasts and determine the level of workforce and machine requirements
- Lead, mentor and develop the procurement, planning and logistics teams
- Chair the business Sales, Operations and Planning meeting
- Maintain optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet customer needs
- Identify and drive annual savings throughout the Supply Chain and design and maintain departmental budgets.
This is a hands-on role and the Supply Manager will work closely with their team to achieve success and support their internal and external colleagues.
Knowledge and experience required for the role:
- Experience working in a similar Senior Supply Chain role ideally within engineering manufacturing
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams
- Experienced in contract management, negotiations and Supplier Management
- A strong mentor and leader of people who has a track record in building successful teams
- Can lead, build and develop effective relationships and use these to improve performance.
- Continually seeks to identify new ideas and implement new opportunities to benefit the business
- Strong analytical and commercial skills
- Build strong working relationships with Colleagues and Suppliers
- Energetic and dynamic
This is a hybrid role with an early finish on a Friday….