We are delighted to be working on behalf of a world leading manufacturer to recruit a Despatch Operative to join their team in Livingston on a permanent basis
This is a great opportunity to join an experienced department..
Salary: £24,540, rising to £27,412 upon successful completion of probationary period.
Hours of Work: Rotating Shift Pattern
Early Shift - 6am to 2pm Monday to Friday
Backshift Pattern - 12pm to 8pm Monday to Thursday and Friday either 8am to 4pm or 10am to 6pm
Main Duties Include
- Manage all incoming goods including reporting of damaged goods, visual checks of all incoming goods.
- Loading & unloading vehicles
- Taking delivery of stock items and bulk solvents, booking these into stock systems
- Internal requisitions e.g. packaging
- Managing / recording non conformances
- Dispatch products in accordance with appropriate specifications and packing procedures to be fully compliant with relevant country and customs regulations.
- Dispatch goods in line with customer agreed OTIF, ensuring all dispatched goods are correctly processed to achieve accurate OTIF.
- Complete despatch records and checklists accurately and consistent with the quality requirements of the work.
- Act as key point of contact between goods in / out and the transport suppliers
The ideal candidate;
- will be experienced in the use of goods in / out systems
- Must have counterbalance forklift licence. Reach forklift licence desirable but not essential. Licences must be up to date in the last three years
- Excellent communication and inter departmental skills
Other employee benefits:-
- Company pension - minimum 4.5 ee contribution, company will match up to 6%
- 4 x death in service benefit
- Cycle to work scheme
- My gym discounts
- Free fruit on Mondays
- Recognition scheme for going above and beyond
- Staff gifts at xmas
- Employee assistance programme inc. physio, counselling, life style coach, shopping discounts etc..
If you have the necessary skills and experience, please apply using your up to date CV.